- Office Address: Min H. Kao Building, Room 307
- Phone: 865-974-4389
- Fax: 865-974-5483
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Rutgers University, 2019
- ME in Communication and Information Systems, Wuhan University of Technology, China, 2014
- BE in Communication Engineering, Wuhan University of Technology, China, 2011
Jian Liu is an assistant professor of electrical engineering and computer science at UT. He leads MoSIS (Mobile Sensing and Intelligence Security) Lab at UT. Before joining UT, he received his PhD degree from Wireless Information Network Laboratory (WINLAB), Rutgers University in 2019.
Liu’s research interests span Mobile Sensing and Computing, Cybersecurity and Privacy, Intelligent Systems, Smart Healthcare, and Machine Learning. He regularly publishes papers in premier venues (e.g., ACM MobiCom, ACM CCS, ACM MobiHoc, ACM MobiSys, IEEE INFOCOM and ACM UbiComp). He also holds 4 U.S. patents, two of which have been licensed to industrial companies. Liu is a recipient of two Best Paper Awards from IEEE SECON 2017 and IEEE CNS 2018, Best-in-session Presentation Award from IEEE INFOCOM 2017, Best Poster Award Runner-up from ACM MobiCom 2016 and 2018. He is also a recipient of ECE Research Excellence Award in 2018 and Best Teaching Assistant Award in 2019 from Rutgers University. Meanwhile, Liu’s research has been regularly featured in the media including BBC News, Yahoo News, MIT Technology Review, NBC New York, IEEE Spectrum, WCBS TV and Voice of America TV, etc.
- Mobile Sensing and Computing
- Cybersecurity and Privacy
- Intelligent Systems
- Smart Healthcare
- Machine Learning