EECS offers MS and PhD degrees in electrical engineering, computer engineering, and computer science.
Typically, MS degrees may be completed during three semesters of full-time study or two to three years of part-time study. Obtaining a PhD takes four to five years of full-time study for students who enter with a BS degree and about three years for students who enter with an MS degree. The department also offers an MS-MBA program in each of the three disciplines.
Note: Given the pandemic, EECS is waiving GRE scores for MS applicants and for PhD applicants with a degree (undergrad or grad) from a domestic school. International PhD applicants will still be asked for a GRE score.
Majors, Certificates, and Degrees
- Computer Engineering Major, MS
- Computer Engineering Major, PhD
- Computer Science Major, MS
- Computer Science Major, PhD
- Computer Science Minor
- Electrical Engineering Major, MS
- Electrical Engineering Major, PhD
- Dual MS-MBA Program: Computer Engineering
- Dual MS-MBA Program: Computer Science
- Dual MS-MBA Program: Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Management Certificate
- Fire Protection Engineering Certificate
- Power and Energy Systems Certificate
Current Student Information
|Electrical Engineering (EE)||MS, PhD, Dual MS-MBA||Automotive Manufacturing and Technology, Communications, Control Systems, Electromagnetics and RF Circuits, Energy Science and Engineering (PhD only), Fire Protection Engineering, Power Electronics, Power Systems, Solid-state Electronics|
|Computer Engineering (CpE)||MS, PhD, Dual MS-MBA||Computer Architecture, Computer Networks, Computer Vision, Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Embedded Systems, Energy Science and Engineering (PhD only), Image Processing, Information Systems, VLSI System Design|
|Computer Science (CS)||MS, PhD, Dual MS-MBA||Computational Imaging, Computer-Human Interaction, Cybersecurity, Cyberinfrastructure, Data Mining, Data Analytics, Data Visualization, Discrete Optimization, Energy Science and Engineering (PhD only), High Performance Computing, Intelligent Systems and Machine Learning, Life Science Applications, Software Systems|