Associate Professor and Director, Innovative Computing Laboratory
- Office Address: 203 Claxton Complex
- Phone: 865-974-8295
- Fax: 865-974-8296
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diploma in Mathematics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, 2009
- PhD in Applied Mathematics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, 2012
Hartwig Anzt is the Director of the Innovative Computing Lab (ICL) and Associate Professor in the Min H. Kao Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Tennessee. He also holds a Senior Research Scientist Position at Steinbuch Centre for Computing at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology where he previously held an Early Career Award and a Junior Professorship and in the Faculty of Computer Science. Hartwig Anzt received a Diploma in Industrial Mathematics from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in 2009. During his studies, he spent one year at the University of Ottawa. He received a PhD in Applied Mathematics from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in 2012.
- Algorithm engineering for computational mathematics, in particular numerical liner algebra.
- Design of algorithms for extreme parallelism and GPU computing.
- Mixed precision and adaptive precision methods.
- Asynchronous and communication-avoiding algorithms.
- Sustainable software engineering.
- Production-ready math libraries.