Gonzalez Family Professor, Associate Department Head
- Office Address: Min H. Kao Building, Room 304
- Phone: 865-974-8527
- Fax: 865-974-5483
- E-mail: email@example.com
- PhD in Computer Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 1999
- MS in Computer Science, Northern JiaoTong University, Beijing, China, 1995
- BS in Computer Science, Northern JiaoTong University, Beijing, China, 1992
Hairong Qi received her B.S. and M.S. degrees in computer science from Northern JiaoTong University, Beijing, China in 1992 and 1995, respectively, and her Ph.D. degree in computer engineering from North Carolina State University, Raleigh, in 1999. She is currently the Gonzalez Family Professor with the Min H. Kao Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Her research interests are in advanced imaging and collaborative processing, hyperspectral image analysis, computer vision and machine learning. Dr. Qi's research is supported by National Science Foundation, DARPA, IARPA, Office of Naval Research, NASA, Department of Homeland Security, etc.
Dr. Qi is the recipient of the NSF CAREER Award. She also received the Best Paper Awards at the 18th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR’06), the 3rd ACM/IEEE International Conference on Distributed Smart Cameras (ICDSC’09), and IEEE Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing: Evolution in Remote Sensor (WHISPERS’15). She was awarded the Highest Impact Paper from the IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society in 2012. Dr. Qi has published over 200 technical papers in archival journals and refereed conference proceedings, including two co-authored books with Dr. Wesley Snyder in Computer Vision. Dr. Qi is an IEEE Fellow.
- Image Processing, Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- Collaborative Information Processing in Sensor Networks