- Office Address: Min H. Kao Building, Room 316
- Phone: 865-974-0494
- Fax: 865-974-5483
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, 2019
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University (University Park), 2016
- BS in Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), 2013
Dr. Ahmedullah Aziz received his Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Purdue University in 2019. He earned an M.S. degree in Electrical Engineering from Pennsylvania State University (University Park) in 2016 and a B.S. degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET) in 2013.
Prior to beginning his graduate studies, he worked in the ‘Tizen Lab’ of Samsung R&D Institute in Bangladesh as a full-time Engineer, where he explored and prototyped innovative ideas for leading-edge electronics. He also worked as a Co-Op Engineer (Intern) in the Technology Research division of Global Foundries (Fab 8, NY, USA). His research interests include mixed-signal VLSI circuits, non-volatile memory, and beyond CMOS device design.
He explores device-circuit-system co-design techniques with an emphasis on emerging technologies like complex-oxide electronics, ferroelectrics, and spintronics. So far, he has published over 60 scientific articles (including journals, conference papers, patents, and book chapters) in prestigious platforms.
He received several awards and accolades for his research, including the ‘Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation Award’ by European Design and Automation Association (2020), ‘Outstanding Graduate Student Research Award’ from College of Engineering, Purdue University (2019) and ‘Icon’ award from Samsung (2013). He was a co-recipient of two best publication awards from SRC-DARPA STARnet Center (2015, 2016) and best project award from CNSER (2013). In addition, he received several scholarships and recognition for academic excellence, including – Dean’s Award, ‘Sunrise-Star’ Award, J.B. Gold Medal, and Chairman’s Award. He served as a reviewer for several IEEE Transactions/Journals, TPC member for multiple conferences, Guest Editor for a special issue of ‘MDPI Photonics’ and Lead Ambassador for IEEEXtreme in Region 4.
- VLSI & Nanoelectronics
- Emerging Memory Devices & Beyond CMOS Technologies
- Hardware Security
- Cryogenic Circuits & Quantum Computing Hardware
- Artificial Intelligence & Neuromorphic Hardware