The VNC Lab consists of 8 workstations (vnc1.eecs.utk.edu through vnc8.eecs.utk.edu) that are only accessible remotely (see below), i.e. you cannot sit down at the system console.
Hardware Information (Spring 2017)
- Model: Dell Optiplex 9010
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz
- Operating system: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.8 x64
- Memory: 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 @ 1600MHz
- Video Graphics Controller: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
- Hard drive: 500GB 7200 RPM 6GB/s SATA, 16MB Cache
- Network Controller: Integrated Gigabit 10/100/1000 Controller
You may log into the VNC Lab systems via SSH, just like you would for any other EECS Linux system. Please see the remote access knowledge base page for more information.
All VNC Lab systems support access via the RealVNC client software, providing a secure (encrypted) remote desktop connection. This can provide a faster desktop experience than using X11 forwarding with SSH. Please see the RealVNC knowledge base page on how to connect.