Need help? Please contact EECS IT Support for assistance.
EECS operates computer and engineering laboratories and servers in the Min H. Kao Building that are available to EECS students, faculty, and staff for instructional and research purposes. Access is restricted to users with EECS accounts.
Open access labs are available to all EECS students when not scheduled for a class. The Tesla and Hydra computer labs are open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:30pm unless scheduled for a class. Please see Class Hours below. The Programming Clinic is open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:30pm. The Daw and Jing Lu Family Student Organization Suite is open when the Min H. Kao Building is open.
Limited access labs are are only open during class periods with TA supervision.
Remote-only resources are only available for certain EECS courses and academic research projects.
Use of EECS resources indicates awareness of and compliance with University of Tennessee Technology Policies.
|Resource Name||Min H. Kao Room||Type||Remote Access?|
|Daw and Jing Lu Family Student Organization Suite (Windows)||217||Open||No|
|Programming Clinic (Windows)||416||Open||No|
|Digital Systems I (Windows)||224||Limited||No|
|Digital Systems II (Windows)||225||Limited||No|
After-hours Access for the Min H. Kao Building
If you have been granted access to the labs after-hours, you are responsible for the security of the computer equipment. To assist in this effort, please comply with the following policy and procedures:
- Abide by any EECS IT Staff requests to transition the open labs to closed labs.
- Do not allow other individuals, including authorized users, into the labs. Authorized users must use their own access methods to enter the labs.
- Do not loan your key or magnetic card to others, including authorized users.
- Do not prop open the doors.
- If you are the last person to leave a lab, make sure the doors are securely closed and locked.