Reporting to the Administrative Specialist, the IT Student Assistant provides IT and clerical support to the faculty and staff of the Center for Business and Economic Research (CBER) in the College of Business Administration.
• Be able to communicate and interact positively and effectively with staff and students
• Possess sound judgment and strong organizational skills
• Possess the ability to function autonomously
• Possess the ability to troubleshoot hardware/software issues
• Communicate effectively technical issues with external support resources.
• Be familiar with PC hardware and operating systems including Windows and Mac
• Be familiar with CBER software including Microsoft Office Products, SharePoint, and statistical packages
• Support the operation and maintenance of PCs and laptops
• Help manage CBER user accounts
• Provide hardware and printer maintenance
• Debug software installations
• Provide software support
• Perform monthly laptop updates
• Stay abreast of critical issues concerning PC support and make effective recommendations for change
• Coordinate support activities with OIT.
• Perform varied clerical duties such as filing, copying, running errands, answering the telephone and assisting staff
• Provide regular (monthly) laptop updates
• Be on time for work and work hours as scheduled
• Make effective use of work time
• Complete time sheets promptly, accurately, and submit them by the deadlines specified
The starting pay is $12.00 per hour, but could be higher depending on experience. The hours are flexible, but dependability is critical.
Center for Business and Economic Research, 716 Stokely Management Center
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 | 865-974-1000
The flagship campus of the University of Tennessee System