Primary location- Chattanooga, TN
VW. Two letters. Endless opportunities. A bright future. The Volkswagen Group is one of the world’s largest producers of passenger cars and Europe’s largest automaker and is on the road to number one. Come join our team and you could be part of that ride. For our employees, Volkswagen stands for more than just efficient and sustainable products – it’s an expression of who they are and how they move through life. Become a part of the Volkswagen of America experience and work with people who are passionate, innovative, enthusiastic, and high performing team players. Everyone deserves a better car and everyone deserves a better company – it’s a Volkswagen thing.
This position has the responsibility to test and provide release recommendation to the defined functions (both electrical and customer) for the electric vehicles sold in the North American market. This will be achieved by static testing using test boards and simulators as well as full functional testing in the field. Responsibility includes
conducting the test catalog as defined by VWAG and the documentation of the results to be reviewed within EE Wolfsburg.
Field Test Coordination – (50%)
- Identifies, confirms, and maintains a database of test routes for field drives based on destination and/or test features.
- Organizes test plans (static and dynamic) and coordinates with the interested participants.
- Executes all phases of the test phase from planning, vehicle preparation, test execution, results documentation and follow up.
Error Resolution – (20%)
- Provides documentation (failure report, vehicle protocol, network traces) on electrical communication errors during production in Chattanooga or during the launch
phase of vehicles in the field.
- Uploads the documentation to the central database and follows up directly with responsible engineers for resolution.
Test Vehicle and Bench Maintenance – (15%)
- Maintains a fleet of test vehicles with the latest software and hardware levels.
- Maintains test benches and simulators with the latest levels and preparation for the testing activities.
Software/Hardware Validation – (15%)
- Ensures that all test cases are performed on each component/control module in each of the necessary vehicle and powertrain configurations for defined test phases.
- Documentation (failure report, vehicle protocol, network traces) on any issues identified during the integration testing and reports through internal tracking system.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering desired
- Internship or other applicable experience
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Resource management
- German skills written and verbal are advantageous
Skills: Specialized – Required
- Experience with automotive control modules
- Understanding of vehicle communication networks and the ability to capture
Skills: Specialized – Desired
- Experience with automotive control module root cause analysis
- Experience testing/releasing full vehicle electrical systems (module and functional testing)
- Experience with electric vehicle system architectures
- Ability to trouble-shoot communication breakdowns within the network by analyzing the network communication
- Frequently traveling to the suppliers and the R&D department in Wolfsburg, Germany
- Frequent road testing consisting of 1-2 weeks on the road
Interested candidates should apply at the link below and be sure to select the top option for Volkswagen Group of America positions.