VW. Two letters. Endless opportunities. A bright future. The Volkswagen Group is one of the world’s largest producers of passenger cars and Europe’s largest automaker and is on the road to number one. Come join our team and you could be part of that ride. For our employees, Volkswagen stands for more than just efficient and sustainable products – it’s an expression of who they are and how they move through life. Become a part of the Volkswagen of America experience and work with people who are passionate, innovative, enthusiastic, and high performing team players. Everyone deserves a better car and everyone deserves a better company – it’s a Volkswagen thing.
This position is responsible for the High voltage wire harness (HVWH) in the vehicles built in Chattanooga. The responsibilities include the tracking of development status with lead engineers in Germany and Mexico to identify and propose changes as necessary during the regular maintenance and model update of the vehicle
- Assembly Plant support – (60%)
- Technical Support to assembly plant during the pre-series and series
- Supports on the analysis of technical problems to other departments.
- Identifies the engineering changes applied for the cars built in Chattanooga.
- Works with Cross Functional Teams for root cause analysis and countermeasures.
- Tracking of development status – (40%)
- Serves as central contact person for suppliers and developers for topics with HVWH in Chattanooga plant
- Supports Development teams from Germany and Mexico with data and/ or technical assistance from Chattanooga
- Supports other departments at Chattanooga for explanation or clarification of engineering changes related to wire harness
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Internship or other applicable experience
- Analytical and conceptual thinking – using logic and reason, creative and strategic
- Communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Computer savvy – skilled in the use of software
- Integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Resource management
- German and Spanish skills written and verbal are advantageous
Skills: Specialized – Required
- Experience with automotive electrical systems
- Experience with use of electrical measurement equipment, such as but not limited to Oscilloscope, VOM, insulation Testers
- Experience of Automotive electrical drawing interpretation
Skills: Specialized – Desired
- Knowledge working with High voltage
- Experience with Volkswagen electrical systems
- Experience with Wire harness manufacturing
Occasional traveling to the suppliers and the R&D departments in Wolfsburg, Germany, or Puebla Mexico
Interested candidates should apply at the link below and be sure to select the top option for Volkswagen Group of America positions.