Maryville, TN, US
Requisition ID: 1099
Summary of position:
ProNova Solutions, LLC is seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join our team in the design, development, and support of complex, medical-grade controls for a leading-edge cancer treatment device. Working in a challenging and fast-paced environment, this individual will be expected to master and help integrate a large variety of technologies to deliver the most reliable, full-featured, and cost-effective proton therapy system on the market.
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for development and implementation of programmable automation controls for individual sub-systems of the SC360 proton therapy equipment. This includes all phases of the product life cycle from concept development to implementation, test, and support. Specific responsibilities include:
- Actively participate in control system requirements generation
- Perform architectural design of control system configuration & logic pursuant to system requirements
- Evaluate & select development tools and implementation hardware as required
- Perform detailed analysis and design of control system modules using state of the art methodology
- Develop Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, wiring schematics, and similar documentation in support of the control system design
- Assist with prototype construction and wiring
- Implement control logic, optimize performance, and perform stress testing to ensure robust behavior
- Support control system integration testing
- Document completed designs and related procedures
- Contribute to system safety reviews
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related discipline.
- Extensive experience in the development of embedded real-time control systems, including at least 5 years’ experience with National Instruments Labview and FPGA programming (Xylinx). Active NI CLED certification strongly desired.
- Strong working knowledge of industrial control, sensing technologies, and communications protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, RS485, Modbus, JSON)
- General knowledge across a range of software platforms and application areas, e.g. MATLAB, python, ladder logic, database development, networking, security, graphics, algorithms, and client/server architectures. Familiarity with Microsoft C#, C++, .NET, and related Microsoft technologies desired.
- Experience developing in a team setting using modern software development tools and techniques such as Agile development, source control, design patterns, unit testing frameworks, etc.
- Experience developing for medical devices or other regulated product desired.
- Travel to customer sites will occasionally be required, including weekend and shift work.
- Hands-on knowledge of electrical test equipment usage, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with attention to detail and quality
- Ability to effectively balance short- and long-term priorities
- Keen listening skills, with demonstrated responsiveness to internal and external customers
Posted on 11-11-21