Maryville, TN, US
Requisition ID: 1098
Summary of position:
ProNova Solutions, LLC is seeking a Senior Software Developer/Architect to join our team in the design, development, and support of complex, medical-grade controls for a leading-edge cancer treatment device. Working in a challenging and fast-paced environment, this individual will be expected to maintain and enhance the capabilities of the device by integrating a large variety of technologies to deliver the most reliable, full-featured, and cost-effective proton therapy system on the market.
The Software Engineer IV is responsible for performing and guiding development across multiple sub-systems of the SC360 proton therapy device, as well as future devices and re-designs. This includes all phases of the product life cycle from concept development to implementation, test, and support. Specific responsibilities include:
- Actively participate in control system requirements generation
- Perform architectural design of control system configuration & logic pursuant to system requirements
- Evaluate & select development tools and implementation hardware as required
- Perform detailed analysis and design of control system modules using state of the art methodology
- Implement designs, optimize performance, and perform stress testing to ensure robust behavior
- Support system integration testing
- Document completed designs and related procedures
- Contribute to system safety reviews
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related discipline.
- 10+ years’ experience developing complex, mission-critical, enterprise-grade applications and/or distributed hardware control systems.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft technologies and the .NET ecosystem, including C#, WPF, WCF, EF, LINQ, and supporting tools.
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented design, patterns and architecture principles applied in large-scale systems, distributed system design, asynchronous communication, and multi-threaded application development.
- Ideally the candidate will have experience with tools such as Telerik, Caliburn Micro, Ninject, Moq, Xunit, NLog, Git, and Resharper.
- Familiarity with a variety of communications protocols and storage formats such as DICOM, RS485, Modbus, DICOM and JSON
- General knowledge across a range of software application areas such as database development, networking, web services, security, graphics, algorithms, client/server architectures, and real-time design.
- Experience developing in a team setting using modern software development tools and processes in a regulated environment. Applicant should be familiar with Agile development, hazard analysis techniques, distributed source control, code reviews, traceability, and unit testing.
- Experience developing for medical devices or other regulated product desired.
- Travel to customer sites will occasionally be required, including off-hours support for weekend and shift work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills, with attention to detail and quality
- Ability to effectively balance short- and long-term priorities
- Keen listening skills, with demonstrated responsiveness to internal and external customers
Posted on 11-11-21