Charlotte, NC; Plano, TX; San Francisco, CA
We seek smart, energetic and motivated Software Engineers to help us (BofA) continue to deliver our top-rated, J. D. Power-certified mobile app. So, if you are a Computer Science/Related major graduating in Winter 2021/Spring-Summer 2022, passionate about mobile banking/fintech, get ready to work in a most supportive environment rated among the Top Companies to Work for, truly looking out to help you succeed. We have positions open in San Francisco, Plano and Charlotte locations, on a rolling basis.
A Software Engineer (SE) will be responsible for design, development and coordination of code development activities on BofA Mobile Applications. Primarily responsible for delivering design and code while assigned to a project, a SE will represent the development team to the other support groups such as UX development, business sponsors, functional testing, technical/stress testing, and environment-support (such as production and certification). Some of the other responsibilities include:
- Software development activities such as high-level design, low-level design, code, unit test cases, code maintenance, troubleshooting, and code documentation on application development/enhancements/initiatives.
- Code merges, builds, deployments, and setting up of the deployment environments.
- Functional/technical testing on deployment package, troubleshooting issues during testing, and delegating them to the appropriate project teams.
- Coordinating with other developers and QA personnel to manage/address/resolve bug reports.
- Communicating to the management regarding the status of the release.
- Participating in the design, security, capacity and ADA compliance reviews.
- Tasking and allocating resources on the assigned projects, and
- Any other related tasks.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- B. S. or an M.S. in Computer Science/Related from an accredited program
- 1+ year(s) of software design/development experience from school or industry
- Hands-on experience and expertise in Java, C or C++ (at least one)
- Experience and expertise in Mobile technology and related tools
- Knowledge of advanced software engineering concepts (design patterns, SDLC, OOP, UML modeling)
- Familiar with Agile methodology
- (Desirable but not required to have) Applications in the App/Play store (iOS/Android)
- (Desirable but not required to have) A portfolio of personal mobile dev projects
- A self-starter, who is motivated, innovative and capable of learning quickly
- Hardworking team player with great communication skills able to work with technical and non-technical individuals
We will provide:
- An excellent and supportive work environment with friendly peers (BofA is among the “Top Companies to Work For” (Fortune, LinkedIn) )
- Freedom to exercise creativity and innovation
- Competitive salary with benefits (medical, PTO, 401K, Family Leave, and more)
- Latest hardware
For immediate consideration, please send your résumé to:
(with a link to your public projects on github, etc., if you have one) with your favorite projects, overall GPA and other interests, if any, Please, NO PHONE CALLS.
About Bank of America Corporation
Bank of America is one of the largest banking institutions in the United States, headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. For more than 200 years, it has focused on serving the core financial needs of people, companies and institutional investors. Today, we provide a full range of banking, investment management, financial, risk management products and Services. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion helps make our company a great place to work. Diversity and inclusion are central to our company’s values, and we are proud to be widely recognized for our progressive workplace practices and initiatives. We have been honored and recognized over the years as one of the Best Places to Work.
Interesting Facts about the company
- 7 million consumer and small business clients
- 25.9 million active mobile banking users
- $204B in Merrill Edge client brokerage assets
- $2.8T in Wealth Management client balances
- 4,385 financial centers
- 16,089 automated teller machines
- One of the largest U.S. Commercial Banks
- Top 4 global player within Corporate and Investment Banking
- Relationships with 79% of the 2018 Global Fortune 500 and 94% of the 2018 U.S. Fortune 1,000
Consumer Mobile Downloadable Application (MDA)
Today, mobile banking offers convenient and secure banking from almost anywhere. Our J.D. Power certified App is packed with great features that simplify our clients’ financial lives — check balance, deposit checks, view statements, pay bills, transfer money between accounts and set up alerts through email, text or push notifications. Browse cash-back deals with BankAmeriDeals® no matter where you are. It’s all right at your fingertips, on your timeline. Schedule or pay bills online from home, the office, wherever you can connect. Make quick, secure transfers between your accounts, or use Zelle® to exchange money with friends and family even if they have accounts at other banks. Want a clear picture of your finances? Use our Spending and Budgeting tool to stay on course. It allows you to set up a budget and monitor spending in your accounts to quickly see where your money goes and helps you take control of it. Help protect your account with fingerprint sign-in (or Face ID) on your mobile device. Misplaced card? Order a new one, or lock/unlock your debit card to prevent unauthorized use. Update your passcodes and security settings anytime in our Online Banking Security Center. Mobile Banking offers convenient, secure banking from almost anywhere. Create custom alerts to track your balance or see if a payment is due. Add a digital wallet to pay with your phone. Or, whenever you need help, chat with Erica, our virtual financial assistant ever ready to simplify banking.