Uster Technologies, Inc. (A Toyota Industry company) is offering the opportunity for 1-2 graduate students to gain hands-on experience at the leading high technology instrument manufacturer of products for quality measurement and certification for the textile industry.
In this role, the Electro-Optical Intern will work closely with R&D team to support some or all of the following functions:
- Work with senior engineers for the construction of new opto-electronic/mechanical instrument prototypes including sensors, data acquisition, and processing electronics.
- Support in-house trouble shooting and field-testing of new opto-electronic/mechanical instrument prototypes.
- Assist with PC programing and debugging of data acquisition, processing, and display routines.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree completed. Master’s Degree or PhD in progress in Electrical & Computer Engineering or Physics
- Must have programming knowledge in either Python or C/C++/C#
- Familiarity with spectral analysis in Infrared range is a plus
- Familiarity with optics & spectrometer is a plus
- Ability to collect, present and communicate technical data to team members
- Weekly hours: 15 to 25 hours per week
- Compensation: Subject to applicant relevant experience
- Timing: Fall 2021 with potential for part-time work in Spring 2022 semesters
- Job location: West Knoxville, with opportunity for some home office activities
- Citizenship: Open to US citizens and foreign students subject to permission for off-campus work
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and transcript to email@example.com.