- Office Address: 302 Min H. Kao Building
- Phone: 865-974-0486
- Fax: 865-974-5483
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD in Computer Science, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2016
- MS in Information Technology, Kaplan University, 2010
- B.S. in Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL, 2004
Stephen Marz is a senior lecturer of electrical engineering and computer science at UT. He received his PhD degree in Computer Science from the University of Tennessee in 2016. His interests include operating systems for multiple computer architectures, programming languages, graphical user interfaces, and input event models. His teaching interests include using computer-aided technology to improve classroom learning environments and developing interesting, hands-on projects to accommodate assorted learning styles.
Before arriving at the University of Tennessee, Marz was a Captain in the US Air Force and served as a helicopter rescue pilot with several combat deployments. After retiring in 2012, he pursued an interest in higher-level education and teaching.
- Operating systems
- Programming languages
- Graphical user interfaces
- Input event models
- Computer architectures