Research Assistant Professor
- Office Address: 636 Min H. Kao Building
- Fax: 865-974-5483
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD in Computer Science and Technology, Carlos III University, Madrid (Spain), 2019
- MSc in Computer Science and Technology, Carlos III University, Madrid (Spain), 2015
- BSc in Computer Science and Technology, Carlos III University, Madrid (Spain), 2014
Silvina Caino-Lores is a Research Assistant Professor at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, as a member of the Global Computing Laboratory directed by Dr. Michela Taufer. She obtained her PhD in Computer Science and Technology from Carlos III University of Madrid (Spain) in 2019. She earned her BSc and MSc in Computer Science and Technology from the same University in 2014 and 2015, respectively. Dr. Caino-Lores received the Spanish Society for Computer Science (SCIE)-BBVA Foundation Young Researcher in Computer Science Award in 2020.
Her research interests include cloud computing, in-memory computing and storage, HPC scientific simulations, and data-centric paradigms. Her recent works and collaborations focus on the area of convergence between HPC and Big Data analytics at the application and platform layers.
- Cloud computing
- In-memory computing and storage
- HPC scientific simulations
- Data-centric paradigms