- Office Address: Min H. Kao Building, Room 318
- Phone: 865-974-3461
- Fax: 865-974-5483
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1992
PhD Thesis: Decision Tree Modulators for Power Electronics Applications
Advisor: Dr. J. Douglas Birdwell
- MS in Electrical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 1984
- BS in Electrical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 1978
Roger Horn is a research professor of electrical engineering and computer science at UT. He is also a Senior Consultant for Process Design Consultants (Kitty Hawk, NC), for which he analyzes digital systems embedded in components used in the highly regulated nuclear power and medical devices industries. Horn previously worked for Data Refining Technologies (Plaquemine, LA), Varian Associates (Walnut Creek, CA), Hewlett-Packard H-P Labs (Palo Alto, CA), and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley, CA). He is the co-holder of eleven US Patents.
Horn is a Registered Professional Engineer (TN), a member of the NSPE and IEEE, and a member of the IEEE Control Systems Society and IEEE Robotics and Automation Society.
- Neuromorphic Computing
- Machine Learning
- Image and Pattern Recognition