- Office Address: Min H. Kao Building, Room 616
- Phone: 865-974-3838
- Fax: 865-974-5483
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD in Computer Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- MS in Applied Mathematics, North Carolina State University
- BS in Mathematics, University of Georgia
Michael Berry is the co-author and editor of two recent books published by SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics): “Understanding Search Engines: Mathematical Modeling and Text Retrieval, Second Edition” and “Computational Information Retrieval”. A third edited volume entitled “A Survey of Text Mining” was published by Springer-Verlag in August of 2003. He has published over 75 refereed journal and conference publications.
He has organized numerous workshops on Text Mining and was Conference Co-Chair of the 2003 SIAM Third International Conference on Data Mining (May 1-3) in San Francisco, CA. He was also Program Co-Chair of the 2004 Co-Chair of the 2003 SIAM Fourth International Conference on Data Mining (April 22-24) in Orlando, FL. He is a member of SIAM, ACM, and the IEEE Computer Society and is on the editorial board of “Computing in Science and Engineering” and the “SIAM Journal of Scientific Computing”.
- Scientific computing
- Parallel numerical algorithms
- Information retrieval
- Data mining
- Computational science and performance evaluation
- Visual Analytics