- Office Address: Min H. Kao Building, Room 549
- Phone: 865-974-1213
- Fax: 865-974-5483
- E-mail: email@example.com
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2010
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Universidad de Concepción, Chile, 2003
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Universidad de Concepción, Chile, 2000
Hector A. Pulgar is an assistant professor electrical engineering and computer science at UT since July 2014. He received his MS. degree in electrical engineering at the University of Concepcion (Chile) in 2003 and his Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2010.
Prior to joining the Department, he held academic positions at the Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María (Chile) from 2001 to 2014. He has taught several subjects of the electrical engineering curriculum such as electric circuits, power system analysis and operation. His research interests include power systems dynamics and stability, renewable energy, and energy storage systems.
Pulgar is a member of the NSF Engineering Research Center – CURENT.
- Power system dynamics and stability
- Power system operation and control
- Renewable energy integration