Min H. Kao Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Office Address: Min H. Kao Building, Room 345
- Phone: 865-974-8061
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD in Computer Science, The University of Maryland, College Park, 2020
- MS in Computer Science, The University of Utah, 2013
- BE in Computer Science and Engineering, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, 2011
Assistant Professor Doowon Kim received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Maryland, College Park in 2020.
His research interests include computer security (data-driven security and usable security) and computer networks (Internet measurement). Particularly, he is interested in identifying the root causes of security threats by understanding actors (e.g., adversary and end-users) involved, with data-driven and human-centered perspectives (e.g., usability study). He has been awarded the 5th annual NSA Best Scientific Cybersecurity Paper (2017) and the Ann G. Wylie Dissertation Fellowship (2019). His works on the Code-Signing PKI have generated interest from media such as Ars Technica, The Register, Schneier on Security, Threatpost, etc.
- Human Computer Interaction
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Embedded systems
- Edge computing
- Mobile computing systems