Min H. Kao Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Office Address: Min H. Kao Building, Room 308
- Phone: 865-974-5784
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD in Computer Science, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada, 2020
- MS in Computer Science, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN, 2015
- BS in Computer Science, Middle Tennessee State University, Murfreesboro, TN, 2013
Assistant Professor Alex Williams leads the Laboratory for Transformative Work at UT. In his work, Dr. Williams introduces and evaluates new systems, algorithms, and techniques that seek to improve the modern workforce’s productivity and well-being. His research is inherently interdisciplinary, often intersecting human-computer interaction, artificial intelligence, cognitive science, machine learning, and workplace studies. He graduated with his PhD in Computer Science from the University of Waterloo in 2020.
Before joining UT, Dr. Williams spent several months working as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of California, Irvine. He has also worked in several additional teams across Microsoft Research, Mozilla Research, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and the University of Oxford – many of whom he continues to collaborate with today.
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Ubiquitous Computing