Dec 3, 2020
Oak Ridge, TN, US, 37831
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
The Technology Integration Group at Oak Ridge National Laboratory is seeking a highly motivated scientist to investigate data science (analytics as well as ML/DL and AI techniques) at exascale. The successful candidate should have an understanding of:
- System Architectures (e.g., processors, memory, interconnects) and
- Analytics and AI/ML.
This position is part of the Advanced Technologies Section within the National Center for Computational Sciences (NCCS) Division. The Advanced Technologies Section offers scientific, technical, operational, and thought leadership by developing, hardening, and deploying solutions for compute and data intensive computing environments.
The NCCS provides state-of-the-art computational and data science infrastructure, coupled with dedicated technical and scientific professionals, to accelerate scientific discovery and engineering advances across a broad range of disciplines. NCCS hosts the Oak Ridge Leadership Computing Facility, one of DOE’s National User Facilities. NCCS will deploy an exascale system in 2021 capable of modeling/simulation and AI/ML.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal and external researchers on a wide variety of AI/ML research at scale.
- Integrate, and deploy research in AI/ML workflows and algorithms on high performance computing systems.
- Research and develop new capabilities that enhance ORNL’s leading data infrastructures.
- Collaborate in authoring peer reviewed papers, technical papers, reports and proposals.
- Seek membership in professional, academic, and research organizations. Serve on conference program committees.
M.S. in computer science, computer engineering, computational science, or a related field and 7+ years of relevant experience or equivalent or B.S. in one of these fields and 8+ years of experience.
- Ph.D. in computer science, computer engineering, computational science, or a related field and 6+ years of experience or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and strong personal motivation.
- Experience with modern software development practices.
- Experience with working with high-performance file systems and modern storage architectures.
This position requires access to technology that is subject to export control requirements. Successful candidates must be qualified for such access without an export control license.
ORNL Ethics and Conduct
As a member of the ORNL scientific community, you will be expected to commit to ORNL’s Research Code of Conduct. Our full code of conduct, and a statement by the Lab Director’s office can be found here: https://www.ornl.gov/content/research-integrity
Benefits at ORNL
UT Battelle offers an exceptional benefits package to include matching 401K, Pension Plan, Paid Vacation and Medical / Dental plan. Onsite amenities include Credit Union, Medical Clinic and free Fitness facilities.
UT Battelle offers a wide range of relocation benefits for individuals and families to make it easier to come and work here. If you are invited to interview, please ask your Recruiter about relocating with ORNL.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email ORNLRecruiting@ornl.gov.
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.