The University of Tennessee Center for Industrial Services is seeking a qualified student worker to assist in verifying, updating and maintaining our customer information database.
Verify, update, and enter data into a proprietary database using a simple web interface. Data may be located by calling customers, reviewing social media websites, or reviewing customer websites.
Position Responsibilities Include
- Enter customer and account data by inputting text based and numerical information from source documents
- Contact customers to verify and update information
- Compile, verify accuracy and sort information according to priorities to prepare data for computer entry
- Review data for deficiencies or errors and correct any incompatibilities
- Communicate with managers and maintain proper information flow
- Utilize computerized data entry equipment and various word processing, spreadsheet and file maintenance programs to enter, store and/or retrieve information as requested
- Perform other work as required or assigned
- Excellent phone and computer skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer information
- Excellent typing skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Must be currently enrolled in the University of Tennessee Knoxville’s Tickle College of Engineering or Haslam College of Business
- Should have completed approximately 50 percent of the required course work for the Bachelor’s degree (i.e. a Junior or Senior) with a cumulative GPA of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Students should be considering manufacturing as a future employment option.
- Must have own transportation to and from our offices located at 1610 University Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37921
Skills and Qualifications
General Business Awareness, Organization, Typing, Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, Decision Making, Independence, Analyzing Information
Part Time up to 20 hours per week during normal business hours of 8:00 AM
to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday
Bi-weekly at a rate of $10.00 per hour
For best consideration, submit a resume along with a recommendation from a professor in the academic department by September 8, 2017. Applications received after this date may not be considered.