Areas of Interest
- Two-dimensional (2D) materials – growth and physics
- Novel electronic devices based on emerging materials (e.g. 2D materials, organic semiconductors)
- Interdisciplinary junction of physics, materials science, and electrical engineering
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Princeton University, 1999
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 1991
From 1999 to 2010, Dr. Gu worked at Sarnoff Corporation, Princeton, NJ. His current research interest is in graphene-based devices for RF and other applications. He also has extensive experience with organic semiconductor electronic and optoelectronic devices.