Systems Administrator Student
HOC Campus – Middlebrook Pike
$10.00 to $18.50 USD
Equal Employment Opportunity
KNOXVILLE UTILITIES BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
022 – Information Services Department
4505 Middlebrook Pike, Knoxville
15 – 29 hours/week: M – F, 7:00am – 5:00pm
The Knoxville Utilities Board (KUB) is one of the largest public utilities in the country providing electric, gas, water and wastewater services to more than 453,000 customers in Knoxville and parts of seven surrounding counties. We exist to serve our customers, improving their quality of life by providing utility services that are safe, reliable and affordable. And our mission is about more than just pipes and wires. It’s about being good stewards of our community’s resources: utility assets, customer dollars, and the environment. We work to safeguard those resources and enhance their value for the people of the communities we serve and generations to come.
Support various teams in the department, including the Service Desk, DBA team, Network team, System Administration team, and the Development team. Activities could include responding to requests for IT assistance (email, phone, network, radio, application, etc.), configuring PC’s for deployment to the work force, documenting processes or updating process documentation, researching and performing analysis to write recommendations, participating in formal code testing sessions, resolving MS Access issues, or developing and troubleshooting crystal reports. Other projects, duties, and tasks will be assigned as needed.
- Must be a full-time student
- Must have and maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Physical Demands: Physically able to perform the required tasks and responsibilities; the physical requirements for a specific positions will be described to the applicant immediately prior to or during the interview.
Note: The physical demands described above are intended to relate the approximate physical demands of the classification. Physical demands for a specific position within this classification may vary and/ or exceed those demands described above. Additional information regarding specific positions is available in Human Resources.
- Full-time student of an accredited college or university pursuing education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Technical Writing, or related discipline
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and other user applications
- Desire to interact with people and provide great service
- Experience with computer hardware, operating systems and other technology
- Technical writing experience
- Strong work ethic with attention to detail and willingness to follow step-by-step instructions
Phase 1 Apply online at www.kub.org
Phase 2 Experience, training, and education evaluation
Phase 3 Interview with department representatives
Phase 4 Written, performance, and behavioral exercises
Phase 5 Background investigation
Phase 6 Physical assessment and/or drug screen
If special accommodations are needed at any phase of the selection process, please notify Human Resources in advance.
Only candidates submitting a completed KUB application and completing each component of the selection process will be considered for KUB positions. KUB does not accept unsolicited applications; completed applications are only considered for advertised vacancies. Please no third party inquiries. Due to the volume of applications and resumes we receive, only applicants invited to interview will be contacted. Applicants should apply on all positions of interest. KUB reserves the right to consider applications for additional vacancies in the same classification within 120 days of the original posting, after which time, applicants must reapply to be considered for any application. If KUB is unable to contact the applicant because the information on the application is no longer correct, the application will be considered inactive and the applicant no longer eligible for employment.