At Nokia, as an intern you’re not just here to get coffee but you’re there to gain actual work experience.
Job: Spectrum leasing intern
Internship Paid/Unpaid: unpaid
Location: Murray Hill, New Jersey
Spectrum leasing intern
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
In recent years, we have witnessed increased demand for private wireless networks for diverse use cases such as warehouses, factory automation, transportation, utilities etc. Such mission critical wireless networks cannot use unlicensed spectrum and require access to high quality spectrum over localized regions. To that end,
leasing spectrum from existing license holders in secondary marketplace has
emerged as an important avenue. The internship will focus on design of spectrum
leasing algorithms and their implementation in a cloud-based spectrum server.
The internship job tasks will be in following areas:
- Refinement of existing Bell Labs Spectrum Leasing Technology to account for Priority Access License (PAL) disaggregation framework – specifically concept of PAL Protection Area (PPA) concepts in 3.5 GHz CBRS band in the U.S.A
- Implementation and demonstration of these algorithms in a realistic spectrum server platform.
- Characterization of performance of this system using simulated leasing transaction load.
- You will work with mentors from Nokia Digital Automation Cloud (NDAC) and Bell Labs and explore possible ways to provide localized access to spectrum for wireless networks.
Your tasks will include:
- to explore design of spectrum leasing frameworks
- to explore possible implementation of spectrum frameworks
- to explore possible spectrum leasing algorithms
Containers, Kubernetes, Kafka and Kibana tools is a plus. Also, course work
and/or research experience in wireless networks, dynamic spectrum access and
spectrum sharing would be a great asset.
Though start date is flexible, preferred start date for this 10 week internship is on or after June 7.
Please click here.