Want to help shape the future of radiation detection and imaging in an established, local business? We are looking for a motivated software developer interested in building new technology in the radiation detection space. As a software developer at PHDS, you’ll be working with physicists, engineers, and other developers to make state-of-the-art radiation detection technology readily accessible to all levels of users. You will work with the existing team to advance PHDS products used by customers around the world, as well as shaping new products from the ground up. We are looking for candidates with solid software development fundamentals, the ability to work as part of a team, and a desire to learn and grow.
- Architect and develop software using best practices;
- Contribute to the team, learning and suggesting new technologies;
- Implement above and beyond features including test cases, documentation, and covering edge cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent relevant experience;
- Experience with C#, Java, C++, or some other object-oriented language;
- Experience using version control;
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills;
- Attention to details and the ability to implement high fidelity user interfaces;
- Fluent verbal and written English communication.
- Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF);
- Experience developing Android applications using native programming languages such Java or more preferably Kotlin;
- Experience interfacing with embedded systems such as Intel Edison, Raspberry Pi, etc.;
- Experience with IDEs such as Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Android Studio, Eclipse, etc.
To apply, please contact:
Ethan Hull, Ph.D.
CEO and Technical Director
3011 Amherst Road
Knoxville, TN 37921
Mobile: (865) 481-3725