Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) and The National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) are seeking undergraduate and graduate students, along with recent bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral graduates, to participate in energy related research. NETL utilizes the ORISE program to support research within NETL’s Research & Innovation Center. It takes a special workforce to tackle energy research and find solutions to America’s energy challenge. Gain the opportunity to research and network with world-class scientists and use state of the art equipment to expand your knowledge in your field.
NETL’s Core Research and Development areas focus on five critical energy related issues:
- Chemical Engineering
- Decision Science and Analysis
- Systems Engineering and Integration
- Applied Materials Science and Engineering
- Environmental Subsurface Science
About the programs:
- To engage in these five critical issues, ORISE offers three programs designed for all academic levels:
1. Professional Internship Program (PIP)
2. Postgraduate Research Program (PGRP)
3. Faculty Research Participation Program (FRP)
- Stipend based
- Full-time and Part-time opportunities are available.
- Duration of appointment varies
- NETL supports the DOE mission to advance the energy security of the United States by implementing a broad spectrum of energy and environmental research and development (R&D) programs that will return benefits for generations to come.
- NETL has expertise in coal, natural gas, and oil technologies; contract and project management; analysis of energy systems; and international energy issues.
- Three primary locations include: Albany, OR; Morgantown, WV; and Pittsburgh, PA.
To learn more: