East Tennessee Foundation is happy to announce that the James K. Goldston INFOSEC Scholarship is again available for the 2019-20 academic year!
Scholarship information, including detailed descriptions and application instructions, as well as 2019 applications, will be available on our website, http://www.etf.org/scholarships, beginning November 1, 2018. The scholarship application must be completed and submitted online. Attached is a copy of the online applicant tutorial. The application deadline for 2019 is February 15, 2019.
Below is a detailed description of the criteria for the James K. Goldston INFOSEC Scholarship.
James K. Goldston INFOSEC Scholarship
- Purpose and History: Established in 2006 by the family of James K. Goldston to provide assistance to students from Tennessee to pursue undergraduate programs of study in computer science, computer engineering, cyber science, information security, or NSA-approved INFOSEC curriculum
- Scholarship Amount: $1,200 one-time award for one year
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Residency Requirement: Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Carter, Claiborne, Cocke, Grainger, Greene, Hamblen, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, Johnson, Knox, Loudon, McMinn, Monroe, Morgan, Roane, Scott, Sevier, Sullivan, Unicoi, Union, or Washington county
- Education Requirement: Graduating high school seniors, college/university students enrolling in first, second, third, or fourth year of the program, and non-traditional students
- Field of Study: NSA-approved INFOSEC curriculum
- GPA Minimum:5
- College/Enrollment Requirement: Full-time undergraduate program of study in computer science, computer engineering, cyber science, information security, or
NSA-approved INFOSEC curriculum. The following link provides a list of NSA-approved INFOSEC programs: http://www.nsa.gov/ia/academic_outreach/nat_cae/institutions.shtml#completelist
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Additional Requirements:
- S. Citizenship
- Special consideration given to non-traditional students and applicants demonstrating commitment to Tennessee schools
- Preference given to applicants who are the first in their family to attend college
(865) 524-1223 with any questions or concerns.