Regulatory Mapping Student – Safety, Security, and Technical Services
HOC Campus – Middlebrook Pike
$10.00 to $18.50 USD
Equal Employment Opportunity
KNOXVILLE UTILITIES BOARD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
085 Safety, Security, and Technical Services
4505 Middlebrook Pike, Knoxville
15 – 29 hours / week: M – F, 7:00am – 5:00pm
The Knoxville Utilities Board (KUB) is one of the largest public utilities in the country providing electric, gas, water and wastewater services to more than 445,000 customers in Knoxville and parts of seven surrounding counties. We exist to serve our customers, improving their quality of life by providing utility services that are safe, reliable and affordable. And our mission is about more than just pipes and wires. It’s about being good stewards of our community’s resources: utility assets, customer dollars, and the environment. We work to safeguard those resources and enhance their value for the people of the communities we serve and generations to come.
Uses mapping software to produce maps that represent the location of specific utility facilities. Develops tables and maps using data from a geographic information system (GIS). Utilizes both Excel and Access to query specific data. Assists with utility records research, data validation, and problem resolution. Assists with preparation of work site drawings, facility emergency management program, and special sketches. Must be flexible in performing daily tasks and accepting additional duties as needed.
Note: For more specific information regarding this position, please contact Human Resources.
- Must be a full-time student of an accredited college or university and maintaining active student status in good standing
- Must have and maintain a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher
- Must be pursuing an undergraduate Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree or a graduate-level degree
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week Monday through Friday, 7am-5pm
- Physical Demands: Sedentary work exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve bending, stooping, reaching, walking, or standing for brief periods of time.
- Pursuing an Associates, Bachelors, or a Graduate-level degree in GIS, Geography, or other related science or engineering degree
- Experience with using MS Office, MS Access, CAD, and/or Geographical Information Systems (ESRI)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Phase 1 Apply online at www.kub.org
Phase 2 Experience, training, and education evaluation
Phase 3 Interview with department representatives
Phase 4 Written, performance, and behavioral exercises
Phase 5 Background investigation
Phase 6 Physical assessment and/or drug screen
If special accommodations are needed at any phase of the selection process, please notify Human Resources in advance.
Only candidates submitting a completed KUB application and completing each component of the selection process will be considered for KUB positions. KUB does not accept unsolicited applications; completed applications are only considered for advertised vacancies. Please no third party inquiries. Due to the volume of applications and resumes we receive, only applicants invited to interview will be contacted. Applicants should apply on all positions of interest. KUB reserves the right to consider applications for additional vacancies in the same classification within 120 days of the original posting, after which time, applicants must reapply to be considered for any application. If KUB is unable to contact the applicant because the information on the application is no longer correct, the application will be considered inactive and the applicant no longer eligible for employment.