TandemLaunch is a unique startup foundry based in Montreal. Unlike other incubators/accelerators, we handpick individuals even before they have a team or invention. Less than two years later, they leave with a funded technology startup!
Since 2010, we have incubated over 20 ventures, collectively valued at over $250M and resulting in more than 300 high tech jobs.
We are seeking a process engineer with focus in thin film device design and fabrication to join us as early as possible and get a venture related to flexible electronics off the ground!
- Collaborate with Co-Founder to formulate product ideas in flexible electronics
- Work with Co-founder to define a fabrication/technology innovation roadmap for future products
- Evaluation of device design and fabrication compatibility with industry CMOS facilities.
- Develop internal capabilities, connect and coordinate with fabrication facilities to produce prototypes
- Ph.D. (or MSc / Bachelor’s + relevant industry experience) in Electrical Engineering/Materials Science and Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering
- Expert in thin film device design such as thin film field effect transistors, sensors etc
- Proficiency in CMOS wafer fabrication processes including photolithography, RIE, DRIE, thin film deposition, wet etch, and dicing, as well as testing and inspection tools (e.g., SEM, profilometers)
- Experience in product development and electronics manufacturing
- Demonstrated track record of solving tough technical problems.
- Track record of cleanroom-based nanofabrication innovation and production
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience in mask design for photolithography is desirable
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Experience in layout design software (e.g., L-Edit, COMSOL, Atlas, FLUXiM) is a plus
A compensation, aligned with the company’s growth objectives and its very significant upside opportunity, including significant equity, and performance-based incentives, will be offered to the right candidate.
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE APPLY AT: