PAY RATE: $55,000 to $70,000 annually – DOE
Applications are being accepted for IT Support Specialist at the Knox County Emergency Communications District. Your application will be screened for the minimum requirements listed below. Names of candidates who meet the minimum requirements will be placed on an eligibility register. Your name will remain on the list for a period of one year. To apply for this opening, a letter of intent along with information on your qualifications is required. Seal the letter and forward it to the Operations & Compliance Manager. Application must be received by 4:00 p.m. Monday, February 26, 2018. Contact Melissa Boone with any questions.
At Knox County 911, we are the focal point of public safety. The IT Manager is responsible for utilizing their skills to provide technical assistance to the 911 operations team. It covers a multitude of technical disciplines. The IT manager must have an excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software) and demonstrate willingness to learn and apply new technology to operations. They must possess strong analytical skills with problem solving ability. Previous experience exercising high levels of initiative, judgement and diplomacy required. Ability to operate in extreme high-pressure situations, successfully handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. Regular activities include network configuration and troubleshooting, project management, data cabling, systems administration in a variety of software and hardware environments, telecom/PBX administration, root cause analysis in problem solving and assistance in managing the daily activities of the department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field.
- (Would consider someone pursuing a degree)
- Knowledge of Cisco systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating system
- Advanced Troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high-pressure environment
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
- Experience working with Windows Server
- Experience with Data Cabling/ Computer Facilities maintenance
- Skills in PC repair, troubleshooting and deployment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with peers, management, contractors and vendors.
- Ability to stand/walk for 10-12 hours per day
- Willingness to work flexible hours and scheduling including nights, weekends and holiday.
- Strong troubleshooting skills of complex systems
- Ability to manage high priority projects
- Ability to work successfully with limited supervision
- 5 years working experience
- Cisco CCNA certification
- Microsoft MCSE, MCITP Systems Administrator (Active Directory)
- Knowledge of Cyber Security Defense
- Ability to explain complex IT concepts in simple terms
- Knowledge of VoIP systems
Application materials will be screened for the above-listed minimum requirements. Applicants are subject to physical and psychological screenings. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be scheduled for interviews. Final decisions are based on a combination of qualification and interview.
Please visit www.knox911.org
APPLICANTS MUST PASS ALL COMPONENTS OF THE SELECTION PROCESS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLOYMENT.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
KCECD DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGION, AGE, VETERAN STATUS, OR DISABILITY CONDITION IN EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.