Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Oak Ridge, TN
ORNL teams are looking for students, interns, or postdocs in the software engineering or data science field to assist exciting researches on HPC/AI integration and applications. Depends on the candidate’s background and interests, the persons can work with one of the following topics:
- 1) HPC/AI solutions for microscopic image processing and object identification. (In collaboration with the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, this NIH-funded effort will lead to publication opportunities in high-impact journals in Nature/Cell families)
- 2) HPC/AI solutions for billion-edge graph problems. (In collaboration with the Indiana University, the DOE-funded research will develop cutting-edge AI solutions for large-scale graph problems on the top-ranked system at the Oak Ridge Leadership Computing Facility)
- 3) Machine learning for manufacturing process quality monitoring and control. (In collaboration with General Motors, this DOE-funded effort will lead to high impact journal publications and patent disclosures)
- 4) Other general topics related to the integration of Exascale computing technologies with AI methodologies.
- Strong programming skills in Python or others Previous experience on HPC systems and AI packages (Tensorflow/Pytorch)
- Good understanding of GPU computing and OpenACC
If you are interested in one of these opportunities, please send a short description of your related experience and updated resume to Dr. Dali Wang via email@example.com.