The EECS department is accepting applications for a graduate student assistant position, which includes a fee waiver and competitive salary.
While earning an advanced degree, you will gain marketable work experience in software development, IT operations management, and the organizational skills necessary to deliver high quality services to technically demanding customers.
- Must be admitted or pursuing admission as a graduate student in EECS for summer or fall 2017. Students must be eligible for a Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA) in EECS and offers will not be made until after a positive admissions decision.
- Available to work 20 hours/week year-round beginning summer or fall term 2018.
- A working knowledge of Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows operating systems
- Exceptional oral and written English language skills
- Highly motivated to learn new computer and information technology skills
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Apache web development, PHP, CSS, scripting languages
- Linux server administration – installation, setup, and troubleshooting
- Scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Lua, Bash, etc.
- Windows 2012 or greater server administration – installation, setup, and troubleshooting
- Mac OS X – installation, setup, and troubleshooting
- Administering Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
- Students pursuing a major in a CS or ECE degree program
- Experience managing an academic computer laboratory
- Previous experience in a customer service environment
- Able to hold the position for at least one year and continuously until graduation.
Please contact Markus Iturriaga Woelfel (firstname.lastname@example.org, 865-974-3837, Min Kao 424) for questions or to submit an application (includes a cover letter, resume, and academic history).