A Graduate Research Assistant position is available starting October 2017. We’re looking for someone who, ideally, will be here two years or longer. This position includes tuition waiver, salary, and health insurance.
Work will in part be related to administration and implementation of a web search engine; making XSLT interfaces, API, etc.; implementing new search technologies as they are released. You should have an interest in learning details of search engine technology.
Web server performance analysis and web server administration will be part of the task. Knowledge or desire to learn about web servers, configuration and administration of web servers and linux system, web system monitoring and analysis tools and WordPress is a plus. You will help teach occasional workshops on various topics, like search technology, SQLite.
Knowledge/ Skills required:
- Comfortable with UNIX operating system
- Proficient programming with at least one scripting language
Knowledge/ Skills helpful but not required:
- Database administration and scripting skills, SQL, etc.
- XSLT or XML experience is a strong plus
- R / Python/PERL scripting language is a plus
- Knowledge of Apache web server, and/or any other web server Apache Traffic Server, nGinx, etc. software is a plus
- Search engine optimization is a plus
- Background with any enterprise DB programming (Oracle, SQL Server, PostGreSQL, MySQL, etc)
- UNIX system administration knowledge
- JAVA programming, mobile applications, WordPress
For inquiries, send a resume via email to John Rose: