A Graduate Research Assistant position in the Office of Information Technology is available starting Spring 2019. Ideally someone who will be here two years or longer. This position includes tuition waiver, salary, and health insurance. Will work 20 hours a week.
Linux system administration, installation, updates, problem solving. Web server performance analysis and web server administration will be part of the task. Knowledge, or desire to learn about web servers, caching, security, architecture, configuration and administration of web servers and Linux system, web system monitoring and analysis tools. MySQL, MariaDB installation, administration. May help teach occasional workshops on various topics.
Knowledge/ Skills required:
- Comfortable with UNIX operating system
- Proficient programming with at least one scripting language, or high-level language
Knowledge/ Skills helpful but not required:
- Database administration and scripting skills , SQL, etc.
- XSLT or XML experience
- R / Python/PERL scripting language is a plus
- Knowledge of Apache web server, and/or any other web server Apache Traffic Server, Varnish, Nginx, Netscaler, etc. software is a plus
- Search engine optimization is a plus
- Background with any enterprise DB programming (Oracle, SQL Server, PostGreSQL, MySQL, etc)
- UNIX system administration knowledge
- MySQL, MariaDB installation, administration, performance tuning
- WordPress, and other CMS knowledge
- Web performance tuning
For inquiries, send a resume via email to:
John Rose: firstname.lastname@example.org