Scripps Networks Interactive, the leader in lifestyle media with top brands such as HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Front End Engineer in Knoxville, TN for a full-time temporary contractor assignment. Working with the Interactive Creative Services (iCS) development team, the Front End Engineer will be responsible for the development and maintenance of B2B websites, advertorials integrated into network websites such as HGTV and Food Network, as well as web-applications, and tools supporting the Interactive Creative Services team (iCS).
We’re looking for someone with a growing set of front-end development skills and who also has an eye for design.
What you will be doing:
- Starting with Photoshop mockups, develop web-standard code to produce responsive public facing websites, landing pages, and web-applications.
- Assist in the maintenance and development roadmap of internal web-based applications and tools to support the iCS design and digital sales teams.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors to support necessary implementations of 3rd party applications.
- Participate in meetings with internal stakeholders as well as external clients to articulate development capabilities.
What you need to have:
- Bachelors degree in related discipline from an accredited institution and 2 years of experience in related field – OR –
- Masters degree or other graduate degree from an accredited institution and 1 year of experience in related field. – OR –
- 2+ years of experience in related field
It’s a plus if you have:
- Working knowledge of User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX) and information design principles.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and an understanding of how to optimize design assets for the web.
- Limited understanding of SCSS and preprocessors.
- Working knowledge of additional languages such as jQuery, AJAX, JSON, PHP.
- Working knowledge of MVC programming, MySQL databases, and API integration.
- Web hosting and experience with FTP. Experience with cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services.
- Understanding of Responsive Design principles and the ability to develop websites accordingly.
- Ability to debug issues across a wide range of browsers and devices.
- Desire to grow skills and learn new ones.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Works independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to plan and accomplish goals with limited supervision.
- Ability to multi-task.
Contractors and RGBSI
This is a contractor position. The contractor will be employed by RGBSI, a leader in the staffing industry. RGBSI is dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to its clients and employees. They are proud to be the primary staffing partner to top companies in the automotive, aerospace, IT, media & entertainment, sports, energy, and finance industries.
RGBIS offers attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, and vision.
Please visit https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/400484768/