Wingate Dunross, Inc.
Attention Engineers, Chemists, Platers, etc., my new client is one of the World’s largest chemical companies. They have asked me to help out on another search in the Silicon Valley area.
Flexible Circuit Applications Engineer
Flexible circuit applications engineer with experience in a customer-facing role located in Silicon Valley!
Flexible circuits, and the integration of rigid components onto flexible circuits, represent an important technology in the electronics industry today. My Client is a significant player in this rapidly growing market, which is fueled by key technical advancements in polyimide copper clad laminate and other dielectric substrate materials.
The candidate is expected to bring strong skills and capabilities in flexible circuit design and circuit fabrication to enable the Client to serve customer needs and expand their market presence. The candidate will identify, assess and develop new engineering concepts and/or technologies to provide solutions to identified problems.
Has experience in flexible electronics applications engineering, construction of laminated circuit structures, design of circuitry and technical marketing and works toward helping our OEM and Military customers understand the use of application of our materials.
Works closely with the sales and marketing organization to identify the key markets and needs in the targeted segments.
Works across the organization to develop and implement tactics to capture value of differentiated material solutions.
Supports product development by generating new product ideas based on customer feedback and works with global R&D teams to cultivate and prioritize new products through the pipeline.
Works with a cross functional team across the organization to help reduce time to market.
Generate and present technical content to customers that demonstrate DuPont advanced materials solving customer problems through papers, presentations, application notes and prototypes.
Qualifications / Experience
· BS or MS Degree in Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical) or a Physical Science (Material/ Physics) 5-10 Years Relevant Industry Experience in the flexible circuit industry whether the design or fabrication.
· Multidisciplinary background (science, engineering, marketing, business, or sales) is preferred.
· Demonstrated successful customer facing experience, preferably to OEM’s in Military, Networking, Automotive markets.
· Demonstrated understanding of high reliability flex or rigid circuit fabrication technologies, processes, applications, and markets.
· Experience prototyping, designing, testing, and evaluating rigid & hybrid flexible circuit board technologies.
· Experience in High speed digital, RF, microwave/millimeter wave circuit, and antenna applications preferred.
· Capable of interfacing with electrical packaging engineers and designers.
· Track record of success solving emerging electronics needs, especially those that address size, weight, and power (SWaP) & high speed / high frequency applications.
· Familiarity of the key requirements for MIL and/or IPC specifications and the material properties that impact PCB acceptance tests.
· Either has or can obtain (post hire) a Secret Security clearance
· Experience working for a government OEM either directly or indirectly (contractor, consultant, etc.) as an electronics designer or electronics fabrication process engineer.
· Willingness to attend trade shows and design councils; on occasion, present the merits of electronics materials, design, and/or fabrication methods at key events.
If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, please respond with a resume. Referrals and recommendations are also welcomed.
Wingate Dunross, Inc.
ph (818)597-3200 ext. 211