The Knoxville Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) currently has an Information Technology (IT) Specialist – Forensic Examiner position posted on www.fbijobs.gov. The position is located in the Knoxville Office of the FBI. The requirements, duties, and qualifications of the position are listed below:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain an SCI clearance
- Must have (or be able to obtain) a valid driver’s license
- Some travel may be required
- ALL applicants must verify completion of the basic education requirement by submitting a copy of college transcripts by the closing date of the vacancy announcement
- Traveling within East Tennessee required 25% of time
- Serves as Information Technology (IT) Forensic Examiner Trainee.
- Conducts routine forensic examinations of computer related evidence using established policies, procedures and precedent techniques.
- Communicates orally in order to convey ideas and recommendations.
- Prepares and presents reports of findings of forensic examinations.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and corrects errors and problems.
- Collects and prepares digital evidence for forensic examination.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Please make sure your specialized experience/requirement(s) can be identified in your resume. Applicants must meet the qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the FBI’s Candidate Rating Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement and will be compared to your responses to the online assessment questionnaire. High self-assessment in the vacancy questions that is not supported by information in your resume, and/or supporting documents may eliminate you from Most Competitive status.
Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Most Competitive, Competitive, or Least Competitive. Names of candidates in the Most Competitive category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Veterans’ preference will be applied.
All applicants will be rated on the following Competencies:
- Customer Service
- Information Management
- Technology Awareness
Positive Education Requirement
This position has a specific education requirement; all applicants must verify completion of this basic educational requirement by submitting a copy of their college transcripts by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with at least 20 semester hours in one or more of the following disciplines: computer science, information systems analysis, science/technology, information management, mathematics, computer engineering, or electrical /electric engineering: AND
- Applicant has had experience that demonstrates accomplishments of computer project assignments that require a range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques. For example, assignments would show on the basis of general design criteria provided, experience in developing modifications to part of a system that require significant revisions in the logic or techniques used in the original development. OR
- Applicant has completed the following technical courses or equivalent: A+ Certification Personal Computer Hardware Course; Network + Certification, CCNA Certification, MCSE Certification; FBI Computer Analysis Response Team (CART) Field Examiner Certification Course.
Please visit www.fbijobs.gov