Contract To Hire
Will Train Applicant(s)
Aerotek is working with a trusted supplier of biophysics and biomolecular research instrumentation to the research community in the areas of protein folding, enzyme/substrate interaction, and in-vivo observation of photosynthetic reaction centers. We are looking for an electrical engineering candidate to add to our company to work under the direction of the Managing Director. You will be responsible for the design of new electronic instrumentation and take it to full production. This includes specification reviews, development program timelines and reports, design reviews, simple mechanical designs, documentation packages, preproduction builds and transfers to production. This engineer will also be responsible for technical support of some mature electronic products currently in production.
Under the direction of Managing Director, you would be responsible for the following areas as our Electrical Engineer:
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Participates in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products.
- Designs and tests electronic products.
- Maintains well documented lab notebooks
- Writes manufacturing and test procedures and reports.
- Should become familiar with all regulatory testing requirements – CE, ROHS, etc
- Should become familiar with CFR21 requirements
- Provides technical support to sales and marketing for bids and proposals.
- Provides service on existing products from the field
This candidate should have a strong focus on FPGA and microcontroller programming. Experience in digital signal processing is a plus. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, and experienced developing low latency FPGA-based designs (soft and hard core), synthesis, timing analysis, simulation, verification and debugging. Knowledge of a hardware description language (VHDL or Verilog) and logic simulators is required.
- FPGA logic design, synthesis & simulation
- HDL coding (VHDL, Verilog, and/or System Verilog)
- FPGA tools (Xilinx, Altera, Microsemi)
- Simulation tools (e.g. ModelSim)
- Timing analysis
- Communication protocols (PCI, PCIe, Ethernet, SCSI, I2C, PWM, RS232)
- Basic Analog/Digital design skills
- Some familiarity with data acquisition systems
- Scripting & programming (C/C++, Python, VB, other)
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Operating general lab equipment (DMM, oscilloscope, logic & bus analyzers, device programmers)
- Technical documentation development
- Schematic capture
- PCB layout
- Hardware circuits including DACs, ADCs, microprocessors, memories, DSPs, linear & switching voltage regulators
- Project leadership experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate and present ideas internally/externally
- Bachelor’s (Required) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- Work authorization (Required)
- Candidate must be documented to work in the United States (or must show proof of United States Work Authorization) and pass a background check.
To apply, please contact:
Sean Copeland, Contract Manager
Applications Accepted By FAX OR E-MAIL:
408 North Cedar Bluff Road # 300
Knoxville, TN 37923