Pay Grade: 40
Hiring Range: $47,476.00 – $65,561.60/ Annually
POSITION IS LOCATED IN KNOXVILLE, TN
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, this position provides I.T. support to faculty, staff, students, and clinicians. Assists researchers on the design, implementation, operation, and maintenance of specialized research tools and clinical equipment. Ensures adequate network and power/electrical capabilities, including the use of electronic medical records. Ensures Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act/Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (HIPAA/FERPA) compliancy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Resolves daily operational issues by monitoring, repairing, and replacing clinical equipment. Identifies equipment issues and provides potential solutions.
- Creates and maintains preventative maintenance plans. Ensures safe electrical practices are employed throughout the clinic.
- Collaborates with clinicians and support staff to develop tools and platforms to improve clinic efficiency, quality of patient care, and security of patient records.
- Provides HIPAA/FERPA compliant information technology support (network, computing, software, hardware).
- Communicates with vendors and service technicians to obtain quotes for purchases/maintenance.
- Collaborates with researchers to develop solutions to interface specialized research hardware/equipment (e.g., brain wave measurement systems) with scientific computing environments (ex: MATLAB, LabView).
- Assists researchers with development of Internal Review Board (IRB) compliant data storage solutions and efficient data analysis strategies.
- Applies principles of electrical and systems theory to guide appropriate design and creation of custom research systems.
- Utilizes electronic schematics, test equipment, tools, and service manuals to guide appropriate design of research systems and aid in repair, troubleshooting, and calibration of specialized equipment. Simulates research or clinical environments to evaluate the effectiveness of equipment.
- Maintains and troubleshoots teaching equipment (FM-listening devices, projectors, classroom amplification systems, microphones, etc.).
- Trains clinicians, faculty, and students on equipment operation, computing, and safe electrical principles.
- Installs and configures computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science, information systems, or related fields of study.(TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years of work-related experience in electrical engineering, computer science, information systems, or related fields.
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS:Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., general agility; fine motor skills necessary to work on small electric/mechanical assemblies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to think logically and systematically diagnose complex problems.
- Ability to work well with others and communicate effectively on technical and non-technical levels via verbal and written mediums.
- Ability to converse with graduate students, administrative staff, clinicians and researchers.
- Ability to analyze complex and sometimes competing needs and to set priorities with justifications considering available resources and other factors.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Windows, MacOS, Linux, and Microsoft Office Suite, their administration, and their environments, including security and privacy.
- Advanced knowledge of computer, printing, and imaging hardware installation and configuration. Expertise with network hardware/software and computer hardware/software.
- Knowledge of and skill working with analog devices, analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion, and analog electrical circuits.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical principles, safe electrical practices, and electrical codes.
- Ability to work with electrical schematics, test equipment (oscilloscopes, function generators, multi-meters, etc.), and tools.
- Knowledge of common scientific computing environments (MATLQB, LabVIEW, etc.). Expertise in programming (e.g., MATLAB, Python, C++, etc.)
- Ability to apply engineering analytical skills to identify, analyze, and review operational problems of equipment and/or systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use industry-standard diagnostic/repair tools and equipment.
- Experience in network administration, server administration, and technical diagnostics.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and laws governing access to and privacy of protected health information
Audiology & Speech Pathology
Aug 13, 2019, 9:20:04 AM