Pay Grade: 43
The Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, invites applications for a full-time Business Manager. Reporting to the department head, the business manager is responsible for managing all fiscal, human resources and academia operations of one of the largest academic and comprehensive research departments. Primary duties and responsibilities include: coordinating departmental budgets for instruction, research, and income accounts; general ledger accounting; approvals of all financial transactions, including travel, procurement, payroll, yearly inventory, financial aid, sales tax and human resources; and supervision of a large departmental support staff. The business manager will also be involved in financial analyses and preparation of reports for purposes of strategic planning, surveys and program accreditation. Annual salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution in accounting, finance, or related business field
- Four years of accounting or business management work experience, including demonstrated direct supervisory experience.
- Excellent leadership, administrative, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases and accounting software
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Financial work experience at a comprehensive research university including work history related to post-award management of grants and contracts
- Working knowledge of SAP or equivalent software
- Knowledge of Uniform Guidance
- Knowledge of university policies
The Knoxville campus of the University of Tennessee is seeking candidates who have the ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the diversity and intercultural goals of the University. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. For full consideration, applicants must electronically submit a letter of interest, resume, and the name, address, email, and phone number of three professional references to the Human Resources online Taleo System http://hr.utk.edu/.
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.
Electrical Engr & Computer Science
Nov 20, 2018, 2:08:33 PM