Battery Testing Intern
Volkswagen Group of America
HIRING MANAGER FOR INTERN
INTERN REPORTS TO
HOURS PER WEEK
The electrical engineering team at the engineering & planning center is part of Volkswagen R&D, supporting production and development for the North American region. The position is for an internship with our high-voltage battery testing team. The candidate will learn about safely handling and testing high-voltage battery packs for Volkswagen’s MEB battery-electric vehicle platform, with a focus on test bench setup, test-sequence planning, and test execution. High-voltage safety training will be provided, according to VW standards.
Job Responsibilities and Tasks
- Communication and confirmation of setup/configuration information with test bench and test equipment suppliers
- Coordination of equipment delivery and installation timing with test bench/equipment suppliers during the Construction/Build-up phase of the HV Battery Test Lab , to ensure laboratory readiness according to plan
- Communicating status and progress with Testing counterparts in Europe, regarding the Battery Test Lab project
- Support HV Battery Testing activities
- Configuration and modification of test systems if needed
- Manage test samples
- Generate test reports, including test error/failure recording and ticket generation
- Generate and track Test Failure tickets
- Develop and commission custom test benches with Test Engineering Team.
* Candidate may be expected to work around High-Voltage systems and devices, capable of producing contact voltages as high as 2000 VDC.
Qualifications, specialized skills, knowledge or other requirements unique to this job
- Must be currently enrolled at a University/College or Graduation date must be within the last six months
- Detail oriented, and be able to evaluate concepts from engineering point of view
- Hands-on trouble shooting experience is a plus
- Electrical/electronic engineering background, experience with battery development/evaluation, and testing software development a plus
- MS office skill, Word/Excel/PowerPoint etc. is a must
What technology or technical data will the intern have access to?
- VW MEB HV Battery System and the design data management system (KVS) and the testing error ticket system (KPM)
- Laboratory and instruments supporting the test of VW HV Battery
To apply, please visit:
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.