Position: Electrical Engineer III
Division: Engineering Division
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Professional Project Services Inc. has upcoming opportunity for an Electrical Engineer P.E., Engineer III (Direct Hire) positions at corporate office in Oak Ridge, TN. Please submit resumes via the web page link below.
Professional Project Services, Inc. (Pro2Serve®) is a nationally-recognized technical and engineering services firm dedicated to providing critical infrastructure engineering services in support of our Nation’s security. Using a disciplined systems engineering approach that is supported by an innovative software toolset, Pro2Serve provides solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our government and private clients. We support the defense, energy, and science markets through responsive, cost-effective execution of critical security, facilities and infrastructure, nuclear defense and nonproliferation, and environmental projects.
Performs high level non-routine engineering duties regularly and recognizes unusual situations where standard procedures are not appropriate and performs more sophisticated and complicated designs and calculations. Directs work efforts of other engineers or may direct small to mid-size engineering projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working under supervision, recognizes unusual situations where standard calculation procedures are not appropriate and performs more sophisticated and complicated designs and calculations in accordance with established standards.
- Applies standard and complex Engineering principles to complete tasks. Exhibits excellent working knowledge of applicable engineering codes and standards. Works within prescribed budgets and schedules for self and/or projects and may establish budgets and schedules.
- Recommends, approves, and makes modifications, design changes, etc. as needed within defined parameters.
- Prepares and coordinates Engineering reports, studies, calculations, etc. as required. May present reports, studies etc. at meetings conferences, etc.
- Lead conferences/meetings with client to establish project objectives and resolve all levels of design problems.
- Responsible for collection of field information and resolving field problems.
- Directs work efforts of other Engineers, Architects, Designers and Drafters.
- Demonstrates ability to get along with coworkers, customers and visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s degree Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Electrical Engineer.
- Candidate without Bachelor Degree can substitute 4 years of previous work experience for educational requirements.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws related to health and safety and environmental protection is required.
- Knowledge of DOE operations, nuclear facility requirements, surveillance and maintenance (S&M) and/or deactivation & decommissioning (D&D)
- Experience working on DOE or DOD government projects
- Experience with low voltage power distribution systems
- Medium voltage distribution experience is a plus.
- I&C Design and field troubleshooting experience are pluses.
- PLC/HMI programming and/or troubleshooting experience are pluses.
- SKM or ETAP electrical analysis software experience is a plus.
- NEC, ISA, IEEE Regulatory Codes
- Building communications and safety systems experience are pluses.
- CAD experience with AutoCad or Microstation is a plus.
- Construction, deactivation and/or environmental remediation work experience
- Knowledge of 10 CFR 851, DOE Orders, DOE ISMS and OSHA regulations
- Possess or ability to complete DOE Radiological Worker II and 40 hour OSHA HAZWOPER qualifications.
- Professional Engineering (PE) certification strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and drive.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and may occasionally lift items in excess of 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Manual dexterity abilities required performing calculations using computer or calculator.
Ability to wear respirator and other protective equipment to enter various types of potential hazardous areas (such as but not limited to chemical, dust fumes, mists, heat stress factors, etc.)
Potential prolonged walking/standing, driving of or riding in a motor vehicle, machine operation, and/or working around moving equipment/machinery or motorized vehicles (such as but not limited to car, truck, golf cart, gator, heavy equipment).
Will be required to operate company vehicle during the course of work. All safety and DOT regulations and procedures must be adhered to at all times.
Federal Government Clearance:
It is a plus if candidate has an Active Department of Energy “L” or “Q” Clearance. This position may require the ability to obtain a government clearance. This position may require reviews and test for absence of any illegal drugs along with a background investigation by the Federal government in order to obtain an access authorization prior to employment, and may require subsequent reinvestigations may be required.
Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/Vet/Disab/LGBT
Pro2Serve’s benefits package was carefully designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
These benefits include:
- Major Medical Plan with Prescription Card, Dental Plan, Vision, and Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(k)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Comprehensive Leave
Please submit salary or hourly rate requirements along with resume or in a cover letter.
Los Alamos, NM area
Please submit resumes via the web page link.
If you meet the above requirements/qualifications, please click the Apply Now button to submit your resume to be considered for this position, as well as added to our national database. We look forward to talking with candidates who have the requisite skills and experience level.